Description of Course
The Team Effectiveness (TS-M3) master’s course is a continuation of the content learned in the Team Science Advanced Course (TS-A1). This course provides a deep dive into the content and literature related to team effectiveness including multiteam effectiveness and discusses issues required in training for team effectiveness in the workplace.
Duration of Training
The Team Effectiveness (TS-M3) master’s course requires 16 hours of training and can be taken as a two-day in-person training session, an online live virtual class, or as an asynchronous self-paced online training using The Flow System’s learning management system (LMS). This course can be taught publicly or privately to any organization.
Participants must complete the training before receiving a code allowing them to take the Team Effectiveness (TS-M3) assessment for accreditation. The fee for the assessment is included in the course fee for training attendees.
At the master’s level, participants will demonstrate an ability to apply the new knowledge and complete an online assessment. The master’s level courses’ application portion will be reviewed by peers and industry experts in their chosen field.
Participants who attend the training will have two attempts at the Scrum the Team Effectiveness (TS-M3) assessment. Participants who wish to forgo the training and jump straight to the assessment may do so but must first buy a code and will only have one attempt as opposed to two for people taking the training. You can buy a code below by clicking ‘Take Assessment.’
Objectives of Course
This course is a master’s course that continues to build on the material learned from both the Foundations (FS-1) and the Team Science Advanced (TS-A1) courses. This course also builds upon the previous master courses (TS-M1, TS-M2). As a mastery level course, participants will be required to envision applying the material covered in the course to their place of work. After successfully completing this course participants should be able to:
- Differentiate between teamwork and taskwork
- Explain how the processes of teamwork and taskwork are interconnected
- Describe the team transition processes (review)
- Discuss different types of team outcomes (performance outcomes)
- Explain how the customer becomes engaged in the team process
- Explain how team member satisfaction influences a team’s outcome
- Describe the different team dimension (productive, social, team) outcomes
- Differentiate between team performance and team effectiveness
- Explain the components that makeup team effectiveness and describe each component
- Recite the formula for team effectiveness